And I am exhausted. To the point where I get even more tired just thinking about trying to list out all we did this past weekend, let alone word-smith it into something interesting. So instead, I will just point out the lesson learned and remembered this weekend:
1. St. Patrick’s Day is Amateur Night at the bars. Seriously people, step aside and let the pro’s handle the drinkin on this day. The rest of y’all just stay home. PLEASE.
2. Guitar Hero on PS2 is NOT for people who actually know how to play a guitar. Nor is it for drunks with poor reaction time and bad hand/eye coordination.
3. When playing golf, any spur of the moment contests will always hold a prize you DO NOT want to win.
4. If you DO end up winning, choose to buy the first round, regardless of how much it will cost… because if you take the cheap way out it will bite you in the ass.
5. People talk BIG, but rarely follow through. This resulted in our group sitting around a strip club WAITING for something to happen rather than making it happen.
6. Lap dances are not sexy. In fact it is impossible for me not to laugh at the absurdity of them.
7. Strip clubs are sad sad places that hold no life and smell bad.
8. Though gaudy as all hell, stretched Excursion limousines are the way to go for a group of 20 people. I had more fun in the limo than I did in the club!
9. Breakfast with my parents is nice. Add my sister to the equation and I no longer have any patience or tolerance for anything.
10. Corned beef, cabbage, mashed potatoes, and rhubarb pie fixes everything.
Now it is time to prep for next weekend’s jaunt up to the bay. I have hired an executive car to take myself and Raz to the airport which should be the perfect way to start the trip: in style!
Once we land on Friday, we should be grabbing some lunch then heading over to the seminars for registration and some nice seated tastings. thejamez shoot me an email and we’ll schedule a lunch or dinner, or just meet up at the tasting if you are able/or have already bought tickets…. My addy is on my user info page…