Stolen meme from tdhartist’s MySpace…
As most of you know, I love talking about my own tattoos and learning about other people’s tattoos, especially the design choices and stories behind them.
If you have at least one tattoo, please do the survey then pass it on!
1. Have you ever cried during a tattoo?
No. Grimaced, winced, and wriggled, yes. Cried? No.
2. When did you get your first tattoo?
Six months before I got married. Around 21 years old.
3. What was your first tattoo?
A Claddagh, designed by my father as our Wedding invitations.
4. Which tattoo is closest to your heart?
The Claddagh, of course.
5. Do you have a matching tattoo with someone?
Yup. Jean has the Same Claddagh in roughly the same area.
6. Do you have a tattoo that someone messed up?
Kind of. My shamrock has a flaw in the knotwork, though it was not the fault of the artist who tattooed me, but rather the artist who designed it.
7. Do you have anyone’s name tattooed on you?
No way in hell.
8. What was the most painful tattoo you received?
My 3DC knot on my right calf. Not only does the ditch of the knee hurt like hell, but the tattoo became infected due to my own stupidity, and when being touched up, sent me through the roof!
9. How many tattoos do you have?
Six. Two on my right upper arm, two on my left calf, two on my right calf. More to come as well…
10. Do you plan on being heavily or moderately tattooed?
Yes. Working in my head on a few sleeve designs and more on my legs.
11. Do you have a tattoo that you constantly have to explain?
Have to explain? No. But I am sure most of my visible ink isn’t exactly obvious as to what it is or why I got it.
12. Have you ever gotten an infection from a tattoo?
Yup. But that is because I was lame and wore a wool suit in 110 degree heat the day after getting work done on it. My bad. Lesson learned.
13. What is the longest session you’ve ever sat straight through?
6 hours if memory serves.
14. What is the biggest tattoo that you have and how long did it take?
Left calf, black work design from the Lindisfarne Gospels. Took two sittings of 4 hours each.
15. Did you tell your parents?
About the first one? After a while… the subsequent ones, sure thing.
16. Do you regret having gotten any of your tattoos?
Not at all.
18. What are you going to get for your next tattoo?
Haven’t come to a clear design yet, but I have a slew of ideas spinning in my head.
19. Do you think members of the opposite sex with a lot of tattoos are hot?
Absolutely. Unless they’re nasty (the people or the tats).
20. Are you fortunate enough to have an arm band tattoo?
I almost was. Then I grew up.
21. How many people have tattooed you?
Three. And I am fairly certain that number will stay the same for a long time.
As Always, pics of our on-going tattoo projects can be found on our personal website’s gallery section here: