As I promised earlier, I have provided a rare in-sight into my daily work life. Specifically: My Cube.
Click the picture below for a larger idea of my office setup. You’ll quickly understand the redundancy which has us all shaking our heads:
To give you a little perspective, the cube is 10’x10′
From left to right you will see the following:
1. Office Zen garden set up complete with sand, rocks, and rakes. Ohhhmmmmm
2. Small stereo with iPod connected. Must… have…. music….
3. Fan. I’m fat. I get hot. Shut up.
4. Linux box running Redhat 8.0
5. Sun box running Solaris 9
6. Continuus Software sign. Those were the days… 🙂
7. Iron Maiden “Eddie” bobble-head. \m/
8. (looking up for a moment) Various tech books, business cards, bottle of Heffeweizen, rubber duckie, and a bag of del taco hot sauce for the random emergency.
9. Spam magnet
10. Back down again… WinXP machine running dual monitors, with a Palm handheld acting as a desk-clock
11. Rear-view mirror. EVERY computer-worker needs one. Period.
12. Continuus coffee mug… those really were the days…
13. Avaya IP phone, sitting next to my Siemens ACD phone, sitting next to my new Plantronics CS-50 wireless headset.
14. White-board. Again, EVERY computer working geek needs one of these. I only wish I had an IdeaShare Digital Whiteboard to capture the stuff I write down to my pc.
15. Random dry-erase markers and eraser.
16. Work softcase which allows me to carry all my highly sensitive documents and information with me wherever I may go. OK ok… it just keeps my iPod and online store receipts dry. 😛
So there ya go. My work-space. Ain’t it something.