Ah, yes. We are now officially in debt and tied down to property, again.
Yesterday at noon we met with our escrow officer as well as lender and real estate agent to sign all the paperwork involved in buying a home. The seller had their appointment scheduled for yesterday afternoon as well, so everything should be finalized at this point and recorded on Tuesday.
Since the seller had requested a few extra days after Escrow closes to move out, we won’t be taking possession of the property until December 15th. Once we do get the keys, however, we will begin the whirlwind of repairs and improvements which need to be done prior to move-in.
We plan to move around the middle of January, so that should give us a solid month to get the floors done to a point where it is livable. I expect the next month will be a very long one… I foresee long hours spent at the new home working to get it to move-in ready, and at the same time, slowly moving the smaller items every time we go over.
As it stands currently, we still need to decide on flooring, then BUY it and have it shipped over to the new place after the 15th. We also need to get in and do some serious measuring and some destructive investigations to determine what exactly needs to be done and how to do it. Unfortunately that means we are stuck in a holding pattern until the 15th when we can get in and really get to work.